Download my resume as a PDF
- Professional reporter, writer, editor and multimedia journalist
- Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish
- Passionate about using social media as a newsgathering tool and content promotion
- Comfortable preforming under tight deadlines
Reporter and Social Media Manager
La Prensa San Diego – San Diego, Calif.
May 2017 – present
- Covered stories related to the Latino community in the City of San Diego and wrote in both English and Spanish
- Managed all social media accounts including: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Edited stories in Spanish and translated them to English
Inewsource – San Diego, Calif.
- Worked on a multimedia investigative story from January to May about the spending of Mello-Roos, a special property tax, by a school district in San Diego
- Analyzed data and used it to complete a story about the allocation of iPads purchased by the Sweetwater Union High School District
- Submitted California Public Records Act requests to San Diego county and SUHSD
Mundo Azteca Editor
The Daily Aztec’s Spanish section – San Diego, Calif.
- Started the first bilingual broadcast for The Daily Aztec, San Diego State University’s independent student newspaper, shared on YouTube and on Facebook with over 900 views
- Published the first Mundo Azteca, the Spanish section of the newspaper, story on the cover
- Increased Mundo Azteca’s social media following by 242 followers and was responsible for all published content on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
The Daily Aztec – San Diego, Calif.
- Wrote, “Total Frat Move website, Instagram degrades women at SDSU,” an opinion piece that reached over 1,000 views, spurred a research study and is cited in that study lead by a media and sexuality professor at SDSU
San Diego Society of Professional Journalists 2017 Awards
- First place award for a college media multicultural story in English and Spanish
NAHJ SD/TJ Chapter
- Serve on the scholarship committee
NAHJ at SDSU
- Founder and president of the student chapter in 2017
- Organized “Know your rights” event highlighting student journalists’ rights to cover events on campus, protests and student government
San Diego State University
Expected graduation May 2017
- Bachelor of Arts in journalism and minor in political science