Download my resume as a PDF
- Professional reporter, writer, editor and multimedia journalist
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English
- Determined investigator using data, interviews and documents to find stories
- Passionate about using social media as a newsgathering tool and content promotion
- Comfortable preforming under tight deadlines
Inewsource – San Diego, Calif.
- Worked on a multimedia investigative story from January to May about the spending of Mello-Roos, a special property tax, by a school district in San Diego
- Analyzed data and used it to complete a story about the allocation of iPads purchased by the Sweetwater Union High School District
- Submitted California Public Records Act requests to San Diego county and SUHSD
Mundo Azteca Editor
The Daily Aztec’s Spanish section – San Diego, Calif.
- Started the first bilingual broadcast for The Daily Aztec, San Diego State University’s independent student newspaper, shared on YouTube and on Facebook with over 900 views
- Published the first Mundo Azteca, the Spanish section of the newspaper, story on the cover
- Increased Mundo Azteca’s social media following by 242 followers and was responsible for all published content on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
The Daily Aztec – San Diego, Calif.
- Wrote, “Total Frat Move website, Instagram degrades women at SDSU,” an opinion piece that reached over 1,000 views, spurred a research study and is cited in that study lead by a media and sexuality professor at SDSU
NAHJ at SDSU
- Founder and president of the student chapter
- Organized “Know your rights” event with the Society of Professional Journalists student chapter highlighting student journalists’ rights to cover events on campus, protests and student government
San Diego State University
Expected graduation May 2017
- Bachelor of Arts in journalism and minor in political science